Design creates value
Our aim is to make design more visible in our society, to increase design awareness and promote the use of design as a strategic tool for solving big societal challenges, growing the economy, increasing innovation and improving the quality of everyday life.
We want people to understand that design adds value – design makes our surroundings easier to use and function better, feel more comfortable, and look better.
The mission of the Estonian Design Centre is to make design visible and acknowledge design as value adder, bring together designers, entrepreneurs and the public sector, increase the export potential of the products and services designed in Estonia, and create an inspiring, innovative and cooperation-driven environment for the development of design.
The strategic goals of the Estonian Design Centre:
- Acknowledge design as added value;
- Support the strategic use of design in companies;
- Support the strategic use of design in the public sector;
- Help to increase designers’ ability to manage design;
- Increase the export potential of products and services designed in Estonia;
- Promote the teaching of design basics and the design process in Estonian general education schools.
Cooperation partners and supporters
International projects:Ecodesign Circle
Design for Europe
Members of the Estonian Design Centre Supervisory BoardLylian Meister / Estonian Academy of Arts
Hede-Kerstin Luik / Estonian Service Industry Association, service designer
Markko Karu / Designer
Martin Pärn / Tallinn University of Technology
Pirko Konsa / Entrepreneur
Kristjan Jagomägi / Estonian Design Institute, designer
Maire Milder / Baltika Group, member of the board
Kärt Summatavet / Estonian Association of Designers, designer
The role of Supervisory Board is to give advice to the management of the NGO.