A study on plastics circulation in electronic/electrical products
Etchica for the Circular Future is conducting a study for the Nordic Council of Ministers on plastics circulation in electronic/electrical products and for that purpose we are seeking best case examples to be featured in the report.
Philips, Electrolux and Schneider Electric are some of the brands that have already been interviewed for the report. The report gives the brand/manufacturer an opportunity to:
1. Present the brand’s/manufacturer’s achievements & frontrunner position
2. Get the company and circular product featured
3. Further the transition towards a circular economy
The aim of the report is many-fold:
1. Showcase best examples and inspire other brands to start developing their design and operations towards a circular model
2. Provide a set of recommendations on how to further circularity of plastics in electronic/electrical products, including sector wide ecodesign principles and a Round Table for plastics circulation in the sector
3. Influence policy-making at the EU level
The report contributes to Nordic Programme to Reduce the Environmental Impact of Plastics and European Strategy for Plastics in a Circular Economy.
In addition, we will be presenting some of the findings at the national circular economy conference in Helsinki in May, and the plan is also to present the report as part of the World Circular Economy Forum in Helsinki in early June.